Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sun-DIY: Painted Pointe



Clearly I'm more designer than dancer but I have always appreciated the beauty of ballet.  I scored a pair of irregular pointe shoes while visiting the Capezio factory in Totowa, NJ when I was a student at FIT.

Obviously I tried these on and almost broke my ankles and neck

Since I cant dance, I figured I would do I what I do best and paint on them. (by paint, I mean sharpie)  
  

The pencil sketch


I used an extra fine point sharpie which bled a bit, giving my design a more painterly effect.



Who knew that point shoes would make such a beautiful canvas?  Me, obviously






Experimented with the back


So I know not everyone has access to pointe shoes for painting on and I found this cute idea on tumblr:
You can get a pair of ballet slippers on Amazon for abut $18 and add studs  No dance or  design background needed!


Feel free to ask questions or leave comments!



~Stay Crafty~







































































































No comments:

Post a Comment