Sunday, April 7, 2013

Terrarium Necklace

I absolutely love terrariums and I'm always on the lookout for cool vessels to house tiny ecosystems so when I found these adorable little bottles at the bead store I knew what had to be done.
This craft is super quick and easy to make so it would make a great last minute gift for your nature loving friends or for your mom for mothers day!

Materials
You will Need:
Some moss (smells so fresh)
Tiny Bottle with cork
Beads or small rocks for the base layer
Chain Necklace
Smallest jump ring you have
E-6000 or similar glue
Tack/ring thingy (see drawing below)
Also: tweezers or a toothpick to help arrange the terrarium
I got all the materials with the exception of the moss from Toho Shoji aka my happy place
The moss is from Michaels aka my other happy place

http://tohoshoji-ny.com


Step One
Use beads, crystals, or pebbles as the base layer, then add your moss.  I used a toothpick to arrange.
Pack it, Poke it, Repeat


Step Two 
Cover the base and bar of the thingy with glue and press into the center of the cork.  Let dry for a few before your attach the necklace chain with the jump ring.  
Its best to let the glue dry completely (72 hours) before you wear your necklace! (I know, it sucks)

Step Three
Cork it.  Wear it. Love it.

Variation
Add small shells, figures, or dried flowers to your terrarium for extra cuteness!
X



No comments:

Post a Comment