Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Galaxy Kicks


The universe is hella pretty, so paint your favorite galaxy on your kicks.




Inspiration



Materials
 Sneakers to beautify
Acrylic paint in galaxy-ish colors (you could also use fabric paint if you wish)
White or silver paint marker
Assorted brushes
Photo reference of your galaxy



Step 1
Remove the laces.
At this point, I realized that because my kicks are kinda worn-in so are the wrinkles, which brings me to..


Step 2
Blast the wrinkles with an iron and then stuff lightly with newspaper


At this point, you could also use some masking tape to tape off areas that you don't wait to paint (i.e.: the sole and the tongue)  I didn't do this because I'm a pretty careful painter and I can't find my masking tape.

Step 3
Start Painting. 



Some of the colors took awhile to build up, so there are some layers of paint going on.
Also, I found that its best to add the white paint after the colors have dried.







So I think the whole painting process took 2-3 hours before I decided that I was finished



Step 4
Use your paint marker to sprinkle some stars across the solar system (I went a little overboard I think)

And then you're finished! So lace them up and rock them out!
X

















No comments:

Post a Comment