Sunday, October 27, 2013

IT'S FRIDA











I love to make/style my own Halloween costumes, and I usually have most of the materials I need around my room anyway.  This year I dressed as one of my favorite painters, Frida Kahlo!  Smart people will love this costume! everyone else will just think you're a sexy unibrow woman.


                                                                 INSPIRATION 

                                                              
Photograph of Kahlo



COSTUME

  • FRILLY BLACK TOP
  • WHITE LACE SKIRT THAT SEEMS MEXICAN INSPIRED TO ME
  • SHAWL (KAHLO ALWAYS WEARS ONE!)

                                                                                                ACCESSORIES

DIY PAINTERS PURSE!

  • CHUNKY GOLD JEWELRY
  • FLOWER CROWN- I HAD DIY'ED MINE FOR A FESTIVAL A FEW MONTHS AGO
  • PAINTERS PALETTE PURSE (TUTORIAL TO FOLLOW!)
  • FULL-ON UNIBROW
  • CIGARETTE (OPTIONAL, BUT FRIDA LIKED TO SMOKE)
I drew the unibrow on with an eyeliner pencil and filled it on with dark brown eyeshadow.  Also, I applied my blush and lip color a little more generously than usual, which is super fun.  Lastly, I haven't waxed my lip in like a month for authenticity. 

I was also inspired by this documentary.  Here's the link: FRIDA KAHLO (1907~1954) : Biography ~~a Woman in Rebellion

VIVA LA FRIDA!




No comments:

Post a Comment